I don’t know about you, but I have the hardest time shopping for my husband. He’s a minimalist, so while he’ll show an interest in things, it doesn’t always mean he wants to own them. He wears the same shirts on repeat and refuses to get rid of anything. I’ve found myself taking notes any time he mentions something he likes and then trying to figure out as the holidays near if any of those same things are still even on his radar. Sometimes I hit the nail on the head, other times he humors me.
This list is simple, but it’s filled with things I think most men would enjoy.
1. Harry’s Shave Set. This one is also going on my gift guide for her because Chris and I both got a shaving kit as a gift from Harry’s and he’s too attached to his electric razor to give it a try (creature of habit), while I’m so in love with mine I’ve decided to steal his. This set comes with a razor, two blades and your choice of either a cream or foaming gel (you can upgrade to an engravable razor, too). The razors provide a super soft and gentle shave that does the trick with one swipe of the blade. Baby’s bottom smooth. The cream smells minty and the blades are half the cost of most other men’s razors. It’s glorious and your man will thank you. Bonus: Harry’s 1 + 1 program gives back to the community. Read about it if you’re like us and are inclined to support companies that pay it forward.
2. Leatherology Business Card Case. Digging through your bag in search of a dirty, bended business card to hand off to a potential client or employer is the absolute worst. I used to travel a lot for one of my previous jobs so I always needed business cards on hand. I had one of these in yellow and loved it. The magnetic enclosure keeps your cards safe and easily accessible. It’s also a great way to neatly store all the cards you’ve collected during a day of meetings. I imagine you’ll then go home and upload them to some fancy app and soon cards will be obsolete. But until then, this case is a must for a man (or woman) with things to do, places to be.
3. Fjallraven Kanken No. 2 Laptop Backpack. We have the Kanken original backpack, which we carry everywhere, and Isla uses the mini as her preschool backpack so we can vouch for Fjallraven. They’re stylish (and unisex), functional and really comfortable. This style is big enough for a laptop and the leather handles are a nice touch. My husband carries a backpack whenever he travels for meetings and I’m certain he’d love this addition to our family collection.
4. Wood Block + Prints. I love this. Pick 12 of your guy’s favorite photographs and stick them in this simple, manly frame so he can rotate them as often as he pleases. Such a simple, creative way to display photographs on his desk. And this way you won’t be upset if one day he chooses the picture of the dog over you and the kids. Dogs need love, too.
5. The Cotton Crew by Everlane. Everlane makes the softest t-shirts. I know from experience. There might be no better tee on the planet and I mean that. These come in a variety of colors and since my husband has his tees on a constant short loop, these are great. Everlane is another socially conscious company doing absolutely incredible things for its factory workers around the world. On Black Friday this year, rather than offer discounts on its products, the company used its profits to buy helmets for every single one of its 8,000 workers who ride mopeds to work every day on the dangerous streets of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Do not walk, run your fingers to Everlane.com.
6. Ray-Ban New Wayfarer Sunglasses. Ray-Bans are iconic and will remain in style for eternity, but the Original Wayfarer style isn’t for every face. The rectangular shape is universally flattering and comes in a variety of sizes and colors. It’s a keeper.
7. Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker. Chris uses this almost every morning to make a latte at home. We buy beans from our local coffee shop and he makes this on the stove while feeding the kids breakfast. We have the small one so it’s not great for when we have guests over and want to make a bigger batch of after dinner espresso, but it’s perfect for his daily addiction.
8. Leatherology Double Zip Toiletry Bag. If your guy travels, this is a must. It has a water-resistant lining, two compartments and is a buttery soft leather. How else is he going to carry that sleek new razor you stuffed in his stocking?