Style

cutout of my comfort zone

This dress took me way out of my comfort zone. First, I am not a fan of the updo. I just can’t seem to pull it off. But when I found this gorgeous electric blue dress for a wedding on Saturday I knew it was time. The keyhole neckline detail deserved front and center stage. I curled my hair and threw it in a low pony, and I have to say, I’m digging the messy-meets-classy do. Definitely worth a repeat. Second, I don’t usually do well with shift dresses. My petite frame gets eaten by the shape, or lack there of, as beautiful frocks become moo moos. I fell in love with the sleeves and cutouts instantly on this dress and I was determined to make it work. Enter this orange and grey two-toned belt with fun gold hardware. It cinched my waist and added a bit of shape. Plus, I am slightly obsessed with these bright colors. Orange and blue were made for each other.

these shoes need no introduction. love love love love love.

{BCBG dress + belt; ASOS heels; Michael Kors clutch; J.Crew + Sequin + vintage + local boutique bracelets; Essie Lacquered Up}

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply Natalie Heather October 29, 2012 at 7:47 am

Gorgeous! You look amazing! It may be out of your comfort zone, but it works for you. Everything works perfectly together.

• Reply reallyrisa October 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Thank you so much, Natalie! So sweet. :)

• Reply thenauticalwheeler October 29, 2012 at 10:04 am

LOVE your outfit! That necklace is fab!!

xx

jen

• Reply reallyrisa October 29, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Thanks, Jen! Spain has all kinds of little gems like this necklace sold on the side of the street for pennies. Worth a visit!

• Reply Brookly Gal October 29, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Love that blue and the pops of color you’ve incorporated with it.

• Reply Autumn Layers « Ivory Avenue October 29, 2012 at 8:25 pm

[…] I could, I would have ordered this dress (Risa, you’ve inspired me!), as well as this lovely colorblocked […]

• Reply fashionforlunch November 1, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Love your dress! I’m following!!!!

• Reply pumped up | Really Risa November 14, 2012 at 7:03 am

[…] they were practically free and I’m just finally getting to wear them. I paired them with this dress for a wedding on Friday — with eight weddings a year, no guest overlap is a beautiful thing, […]

• Reply pumped up | December 12, 2012 at 7:59 pm

• Reply zip it » Really Risa January 7, 2013 at 6:07 am

[…] Monaco skirt; J.Crew blouse; Zara bag; ASOS shoes (last seen here); Etsy rings; StyleMint sunglasses; Anthropologie necklace; Essie School of Hard Rocks} Share […]